PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - What's the latest news of the V22 Osprey?
Old 20th Jun 2012, 13:04
SansAnhedral

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts
SAS

I can't take the hint?

You are only furthering the point I was making.

Yes, the determination is a half century premature.....precisely what I was alluding to. Yes, the UH-1 is another grand example of something that turned the corner. Extrapolate the V22's operational safety thus far.

Sure the GAO can list out a bunch of shortcomings of any project they believe to be expensive and over budget, thats their purpose. Seems to me that every issue they have pointed out was addressed by Bell/Boeing and NAVAIR at some point.

Why you guys on this forum cant seem to give things a fair shake and look at anything objectively is beyond me. I like the Osprey, I think its an amazing machine. The fact it has had no more crashes or incidents in a similar operational timeframe than some very old, very conventional ships seems totally lost on you all. You have tilt-rotor-phobia, and it doesn't matter what the facts are. Despite your paranoia these things aren't falling out of the sky any more often than the "totally safe, 100% proven conventional helicopter"...flight envelope differences/limitations and all.

3 incidents in what, 150k flight hours here on a "deathtrap"? Frankly I would have expected a lot more and I count myself as a tiltrotor fan.