PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jobs for non-EU pilots
View Single Post
Old 20th Jun 2012, 12:19
truckflyer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
EU member states must unanimously agree on Turkey's membership for the Turkish accession to be successful. In December 2011, a poll showed that as much as 71% of the participants surveyed in Austria, Czech Republic, France, Germany, Italy, Poland, Spain and the UK were opposed to Turkey's membership in the European Union.

Accession of Turkey to the European Union - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I would predict a riot if those lunatics in Brussels allowed Turkey EU membership, personally I think you would find most people within the EU against it, unless they have particular personal interest in it!
So I would not waste my time on waiting for it to happen, because I very much doubt it will happen in our lifetime!

If you from USA you need a work permit, you will not get a work permit in EU based only on your profession alone, not as a pilot, as there are plenty of unemployed pilots already in EU. The same applies the other way around, EU pilots can not work in the USA.

These are immigration laws that are followed. You would not be able to work in Australia either, only if the country / company need pilots will they provide you with immigration papers etc., like example Hong Kong/China or in the Middle East.

For some this is a sensitive subject, and because of political correctness you are should not say your opinion it seems, but regarding this be prepared to meet a wall as high as the Mount Everest!

Of course you can get married in EU, than problem solved with regards to work after a certain amount of time, however don't believe the hype of marriage either!

Another question would be, If you flying in Turkey, why would you want to come and live in the UK? Only one reason I guess, because higher pay, but also much more expenses! If you want higher pay you might as well work hard and try to get in with Emirates!
Unless you like haze, rain and clouds! Summer is already over in the UK, I think it was 2 weeks early May!