PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cost per hour (Followed on from previous thread)
Old 20th Jun 2012, 11:57
EFG Flying School

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dear EGKB

This is Anoop Bamrah, I believe I tried to sell you double glazing

Firstly I must apologise for any discrepancy that appeared over pricing.

Secondly, the reason our prices are higher than Allouette are:

1) they are a non-profit organisation;
2) their building rates are considerably cheaper (BIGGIN TODAY | NEWS |);
3) We have authority to conduct CPL / Multi / Flight Instructor Courses therefore must take this into account too
4) Full time operations open 7 days a week 0830 onwards
5) 8 aircraft instead of 2

Allouette actually lease aircraft from us and are a great bunch of guys but the set-up of their organisation is slightly different. But FYI this is from their web site:

The actual cost for the aircraft is: £140 per tacho hour (including fuel, etc) + £10 for each touch and go + £22 for a full stop landing at Biggin Hill. Instruction is charged at £30 per hour.

Our Cessna 152 Costs £170 Dual (brakes to brakes), £4 fuel, 22.10 ldg

We aim to maintain competitiveness at all times and offer fantastic standards of training, however the fact that we are on an expensive commercial airport means we are slightly more expensive than Lashenden or Rochester - but this is certainly reflected in the standard of aircraft (C152,PA28,PA28R,PA34-200), our facilities, and the airport.

Please excuse any enthusiasm as intention to welcome you to our school and not to “milk you”. We pride ourselves on the being the airport’s oldest flying school with friends across the country.

In regards to my flying, I have flown for many years however was unable to complete the PPL. Reason being I focused on the business issues and opportunities at hand such as creating the Commercial school offering CPL / ME / FIC / RT / (IR pending) and more recently having opened a JAR Satellite facility in Texas, USA to conduct PPL / CPL / ME / IR / ATPL. In today’s economy, sometimes you have to forego your passion to keep your going concerns aloft.

EGKB, we do wish you all the best with your training (honestly) and hope all goes well. In the meantime we have a charity BBQ on Saturday 7th July at EFG, all are welcome to attend with proceeds going to Aviation without Borders – please contact ops on 01959 540 400.

Thanks

Anoop