PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Emir Airlines
Thread: Emir Airlines
View Single Post
Old 20th Jun 2012, 11:20
Freddy Forks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BEWARE

Just spoke with an old friend of mine who joined this lot in February 2012. He went to Amman to start training but was sent home after 1 month as they didnt have the approvals in place at the time. He was promised his salary for the month but never received it.

He was then recalled in May as he was told they had approvals and was promised his salary that was owed to him. In fact he was promised the salary for the months he was sat at home. When he got to Jeddah there was again no approvals and no salary for him.

He told me they had to share apartments with other pilots. After he sat the Saudi ATPL exam and AIP the pilots were ordered to go to the office and help out.

He was finally fired for enquiring whether he will be paid at the end of the month as he hadnt been paid for Feb. All the other office workers including pilots had not been paid since March.

They were asked for their passports but two of them refused as they had heard that some others in the office hadnt seen their passports for some months.

He said that pilots are being offered a commuting pattern but in order to entice them there but its not in the contract. It seems you wont be allowed home as the CEO thinks he owns you.

Blimey, I felt sorry for him having gone through a redundancy last year then this. He got his salary after being fired.

I guess I should thank my lucky stars to be employed by a decent employer.

I'd give this one a wide birth.

Last edited by Freddy Forks; 20th Jun 2012 at 11:23.