PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CASA Systems and Aerody (AASA) Rob Avery vs. AFT Self Study
Old 20th Jun 2012, 08:59
Arch Angelos

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Had systems today guys, thought I'd cap the thread off for any interested readers/people about to tackle this one. Passed today which was good.

All in all used Rob Avery and AFT, went through both sets of notes for better explanations.

I'd highly recommend going through the Avery stuff first and then through the AFT stuff which covers more closely what you need to know but with alot less explanation (hence me suggesting reading the material that actually explains what's going on).
I know it's another 200 bucks or so in notes, however the Avery stuff will really come in handy in later piloting life. I am no where near such a stage, but a mate of mine who was recently interviewed by a major was grilled on high speed aerody for example, which I think isn't covered the best in AFT.

As far as the exam goes lots and lots of variety, my exam had minimal aerodynamics, lots of pressursation, BGT, Electrical, hydraulics and number on autoflight modes + 1 question on GPWS and 1 question on TCAS.

Rob Avery set of 5 exams are a must as a number fo my questions were drawn directly from that. However, do not attempt to memorise any answers, this is not like Met and Air Law where many questions you may have seen before.
You really needa get a good grasp on your stuff as me and a mate who completed this one around the same time discussed. 3 weeks solid study with work anf flying in between is plently of time.

Take it easy, happy studying/flying.

Last edited by Arch Angelos; 20th Jun 2012 at 09:03.