PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Do Emirates care about passenger feedback?
Old 20th Jun 2012, 07:33
Wannabe Flyer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A FF on Emirates

Exascot:

I have started flying Emirates a lot recently purely because of the connivence, destinations and prices. Some of your queries below are answered with an opinion of mine

1. Why is one financially penalized for a stopover in DXB?
Strange cause out of certain countries they encourage it with a discounted hotel etc. Last month I flew Del-DXB-AMS-DEL. I took a stop over at DXB outbound and the ticket cost me $200 more than if I had done DEL-DXB-DEL. Was $350 cheaper than KLM. I also have gotten complimentary stops in the past flying Business class. Must be a route specific or type of ticket related issue.

2. Why is it so difficult to utilise air miles?
Again no trouble at all except peak season and very popular routes. I find it more painful on Star, KLM and the likes.

3. Why does their internet booking system fail so often?

No Comment as I do not use their net system and use my TA still. Tend to get better rates and more flexibility.

4. Why have they stopped the chauffeur service in Athens?
Must be a city cost thing. They are sending Chauffeured Benzs in Delhi and have seen in NYC also.

My Gripe with them is as follows

1) They have an extra row of seats giving a config of 343 on flights which is a squeeze.

2) I hate the seats on the 330, gives one a back ache

3) Knee room sucks

Off course I am talking Y class.

They still are much cheaper than all flying out of where I do and have the best connections and timings and DXB airport not too bad a place to hang out. Aircraft are decent with good IFE.

Most other airlines offer much less in terms of product and service. So I am willing to overlook issues on a person not reverting back on customer service which did not effect my flight or experience too much.

To all who are pointing to a cultural aspect, the company is run (operations) mostly by expats and that too from the west. I seriously doubt the top guys get the letters or will reply it is the middle that throws it into the dustbin cause they know they can! I think it has got more to do with not knowing what to answer in most cases as questions 1 and 2 and 4 are commercial decisions and question 3 could be rebutted by "check your internet settings and connection"