PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Heathrow T5A - T5B British Airways
View Single Post
Old 20th Jun 2012, 00:46
edi_local

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I certainly hope LHR ends up looking like those images as it is one of the most confusing airports to get around. T5 is a dream, T4 is also ok, T3 I have never used, but have heard mixed things about it and T1 is more or less an abomination at the moment.

The general layout does not follow any logic at all and is not at all pleasant to use. They have gate 2 next to 8 and 77-84 next to 5, and then Gates 16-21 are between 77-84 and 39-47. Even on the new bit which will become T2 doesn't make a lot of sense as they are numbered 47A,B, 48, 49 and then it switches to 31 and starts to count down again until you get the old Europier and you see gate 41 next to 39!!!!

It makes no sense, it's no wonder passengers get lost and miss flights. I say these things about T1 from both a passenger and staff point of view! I know it's the oldest living terminal at the moment but it really is the best example of BAA's lack of organisation and general "that'll do" approach to some of their airports!

My only gripe would be that if LHR is reduced to 3 mega-terminals (or 2 mega terminals and T4) that they will surely renumber them to just be 1, 2 and 3 and not have 2, 4 and 5 which would just be stupid.