PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Underslung Load 'Incidents'
View Single Post
Old 19th Jun 2012, 12:27
Oldsarbouy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Night task to take rations various to G100. On dropping the load was asked where the spuds were as the sack was empty. No reports of any injuries on the ground due to flying Maris Pipers!
Not a flying USL incident but during my time at Shawbury I was duty hooker up and having hooked up the umpteenth load looked around for something to alleviate the boredom. Spotted a derelict fire alarm point at the side of the load park with an open access panel, prodded around inside and noticed whirring noise, lost interest and returned to hook up another load. Shortly afterwards heard sound of fire engine sirens on the other side of airfield and was soon aware of the approaching fleet of fire trucks. They arrived at the derelict alarm and stood around debating what to do until I was seen in the distance and was approached by Office Dibble who complained about helicopters setting off alarms.
After they had departed calm descended for a short time until more klaxons were heard but this time it was a contingent from Shrewsbury reacting to what was thought to be a major incident at the aircraft storage hangars. Happily my stint as hooker up was complete and it was back to the crewroom and another of life's lessons learned.