PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Become a LAME after ADF Service
View Single Post
Old 19th Jun 2012, 11:09
djtrv

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up

Thanks everyone for all your feedback, there's nothing like getting info from real people who are actually in the business!

Opalops, I am still waiting to hear from them, similar to what AA do in that they look at your work history (SOE).

Spanner90, if you could elaborate on what you said... do you think it's wise to get the Diploma, if all i need is my Cert IV with OJT and CASA exams, is it really worth it? I know it would look good on a resume, but how many guys in the current trade have one i wonder.

Kev85, what do you mean by a 'bad name'. I hold no grudge at all and the reason i want to get into the civi world is because of the bulls*** that goes on in the military. I'd like to know, out of curiosity, what airliners/maintainers and the rest, think of serving members. do you reckon that would hinder my job prospects?

Flame_Bringer, I have been in contact with AA and all they have got to offer is a qualification assessment with a big fee. beyond that, they won't say. seems as though they want me to hand over a significant sum before they will do anything.

Hasherucf, I have heard that from other forums, I can't seem to find any real info on that part of the industry, are you working in GA? all i heard from some is that the pay is less but better work.... I'd also like to hear what 'kind of people' the military are? Don't worry, i won't give repercussions because i think the military way is a bit of a joke to be honest

Cheers again for all the replies!!!