PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Do Emirates care about passenger feedback?
Old 19th Jun 2012, 10:04
Exascot
Registered User **

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Do Emirates care about passenger feedback?

My opinion is one word – no.

I wrote a letter to Emirates sent both by snail-mail and by e-mail regarding a number of issues. I started by complimenting their service and stating that the correspondence was constructive criticism and educated enquires from someone in the travel industry. After nine months I had still not received a reply.

On one flight in April I mentioned my concern to the senior purser. He very kindly took on my mission. He has repeatedly passed on my letter to various departments. He has just received replies to say that his internal e-mail has merely been handed over to another department. Neither of us have received any feedback or even notification that the issues are being addressed. He has very politely now given up:

It seemed to be difficult to have a follow up on your case since I've send your request twice since our last communication but with no reply yet ,I do apologise on behalf of Emirates for this delay that I found no excuses to give for. Once again it has and it will be a pleasure sharing a flight with you again on one of our destination ,enjoy your time in Greece or in South Africa.
My issues were not earth shattering. In a nut shell -

1. Why is one financially penalized for a stopover in DXB?
2. Why is it so difficult to utilise air miles?
3. Why does their internet booking system fail so often?
4. Why have they stopped the chauffeur service in Athens?

I am a Skywards Silver member who regularly flies first class ATH-JNB-DXB also an ex-airline pilot and aviation consultant. What chance does ‘Joe Blogs’ stand?

Last edited by Exascot; 19th Jun 2012 at 10:10.