PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Underslung Load 'Incidents'
View Single Post
Old 18th Jun 2012, 16:58
NutLoose

Received 2,941 Likes on 1,253 Posts
Isn't there a wombat or mobat sitting in a river in Belize where it was dropped?

One of the first Chinook lifts they did was to demo the lifting of a bridge for the Army, the plain was bone dry sandy soil and the army had hosed it down for days, some staging and seating had been set up for the visiting Generals etc. I was asked as a keen photographer ( stills) to go along and record it on the Video recorder we had (a bloody massive affair). In it came, and a sandstorm soon erupted with me standing in the middle of it sans goggle but trying to carry on filming... The air was blue as I was calling CT the pilot along with the rest of the crew all the names under the sun, questioning his birth status and using words my Mother or the local Vicar would not recognise.... Job done and back at Odious the Video was put in and all gathered round to watch...... That is when I found it had sound

RM the Chinook test pilot that came over with the HC1's related to a trip in Nam when he was transporting cattle up to the guys at the front, they liked their beef fresh so they used to transport them live, he said he had one break free, panic and attempt to join him in the cockpit, so he had to fly the Chinook whilst trying to shoot the steer in the head with his .45.

Last edited by NutLoose; 18th Jun 2012 at 17:06.