PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - DGCA Conversion...Need some doubts cleared
Old 18th Jun 2012, 13:41
GE90-115B

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It has been a very long time since I converted but let me give it a shot:-

1. Do I need to do the Biennial Flight Review since it has been more than 3 years since I flew for me to get my DGCA CPL?
I have not heard of any Flight Review in India, just go to dgca website and look up the flow chart to convert your license. Follow it word by word. You should be good.

2. Can I do my recency in India? I am planning to do it at Karnal Flying Club. Does anybody know the reputation of this club or anyone done any flying there? Do I need a FRTOL if I can do my recency in India and how long does it usually take to get one?
I dont want to answer the first part as I have no Idea. Since you already have an RTR you can apply for your FRTOL from DGCA immedeately and shouldnt be a problem.

3. Does DGCA contact flight schools to verify your hours? I ask because I did my solo time building while I was pursuing my Bachelors Degree in the States and I don't think some of the clubs from where I rented the planes are still open.
HECK YA !! + I believe the flight schools themselves should forward your documents directly or something on those lines. Ask the ones that converted recently. Get your flight schools or flying clubs where you did your training/time building to issue letters clearly for what you exactly did.
Ensure you get all your Flight Tests signed in appropriate forms by the examiners/chief pilot.

4. Since I have 20 hours on a ME, after getting my DGCA CPL, can I fly 5 more hours and get a ME endorsement on my DGCA CPL?
Again its as easy as opening DGCA website and looking up the conversion flow chart.

The Secret To Success Is: Following DGCA instructions WORD BY WORD !!

Take Care

Last edited by GE90-115B; 18th Jun 2012 at 13:42.