PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - DGCA Conversion...Need some doubts cleared
Old 18th Jun 2012, 12:39
Flying_Knight

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
DGCA Conversion...Need some doubts cleared

I have a FAA ASEL CPL with IR. I have 300 TT and 120 Solo in C-152/172 Cherokee, Arrow and about 20 hours ME on PA-34.

My last flight was in February of 2009. I passed my DGCA Composite Paper in January 2010 and received my RTR in May of 2010. Due to personal circumstances, I couldn't continue with my conversion but I have decided to seriously pursue it now.

A few questions I have are -
1. Do I need to do the Biennial Flight Review since it has been more than 3 years since I flew for me to get my DGCA CPL?

2. Can I do my recency in India? I am planning to do it at Karnal Flying Club. Does anybody know the reputation of this club or anyone done any flying there? Do I need a FRTOL if I can do my recency in India and how long does it usually take to get one?

3. Does DGCA contact flight schools to verify your hours? I ask because I did my solo time building while I was pursuing my Bachelors Degree in the States and I don't think some of the clubs from where I rented the planes are still open.

4. Since I have 20 hours on a ME, after getting my DGCA CPL, can I fly 5 more hours and get a ME endorsement on my DGCA CPL?