PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Hong Kong income tax
View Single Post
Old 18th Jun 2012, 11:59
Mungo Man

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
AAIGUY, thanks very much for your input, I mean that. I'm trying to get a feel for how well off/poor I'd be if I accepted a position in KA and all you guys replying are the ones living out there so I want to hear what you've got to say.

Your last rent at 65000 must have been a hell of a place or in the city centre? I've seen tons of adverts for small flats on Lantau for sub 25000 a month. Or is there some big hidden catch?

Even though I find your estimates hard to believe (£100 a month for internet), lets assume they are accurate. So you're saying when I leave the flat I'll have HKD26500 to spend. That's about £2100. Ok, the whole setup might make an A scaler laugh, but £2,100 isn't much less than I earn right now after tax, and I certainly can't save even £900 a month. But I guess a lot depends of where you come from and what your outlook on life is.

I don't know your situation, I frankly don't care. If you think you can do it, then good luck. Have at er'
Again, I don't necessarily think I can do it, I want to find out if I can do it.