PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Austrian CAA: FAA licenses remain valid for N-reg in Europe
Old 17th Jun 2012, 23:14
piperboy84

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Is this FAA rule about being a citizen to register a N reg something new? The reason I ask is although I now own and fly an N reg in the UK on a FAA PPL and hold US citizenship when I bought my first plane 20 years ago while residing in the US I was neither a citizen or green card holder at the time, I simply handed the dealer the money and sent in the my registration details, I don’t recall any questions regarding citizenship. With my most recent plane I bought it in the US flew it there for a short while then had it containerized and shipped it here to the UK. again with no questions as to my citizenship from the FAA or shippers, when I went to register it to my new UK address it was a one page form and unless I missed something it never asked my citizenship either. So in a hypothetical situation of a non US citizen owning a N reg in the UK what is to stop him/her simply filling out his details on an updated aircraft registration form and sending it onto the FAA?