PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - HEATHROW
Thread: HEATHROW
View Single Post
Old 17th Jun 2012, 20:58
DaveReidUK

Received 217 Likes on 102 Posts
I'm still awaiting the monthly report for the trials in February. Wonder if it will appear before the next one starts........
I believe there has also been a commitment made to reissue the November and December reports, as well as some of the daily stats which are distinctly shaky in some areas. Presumably we'll see those in the next couple of weeks, before the start of Phase II.

For the next round of trials, does anyone know what "aircraft will MOSTLY be routed within existing noise protection routes means" ? Is it likely to be 1 in a 100 planes will do something completely off the wall ? Or half the planes on a track will do an excursion outside the NPR over X to the north of the zone and the other half will do an excursion over Y to the south ?
I've been wondering that too - everyone I've asked about it seems to have a different interpretation.

The object of the exercise is to reduce the interval between successive departures that are planned to use the same SID - currently 2 minutes - down to 1 minute. That implies departure tracks immediately after takeoff that diverge by at least 45°, so something along the lines of your description would sound reasonable. I don't know how many pairs of consecutive departures on the same SID there are in a typical day, and I have no idea what "mostly routed within existing NPRs" is supposed to mean in this context.

Doubtless all will be revealed in July.

Last edited by DaveReidUK; 17th Jun 2012 at 20:59.