PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Paris Base Closed
View Single Post
Old 17th Jun 2012, 19:17
Iron Skillet

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I hate to break it to you, but I don't think countries care much about 40 or 200 or 1000 people's jobs. They certainly care a whole lot less than all the people in HK who don't care, including the company. I'm not saying it's right, just that's the way it is.

Countries have tens/hundreds of millions of other residents to extract taxes from and waste tax money on, billions or trillions of dollars/euros/pounds/etc. of debt, million and with billions squandered every day on insane nonsense, almost universally growing deficits and debts that are not fixable, almost all countries relevant countries are/are going bankrupt, unemployment is through the roof and not a priority, insanely huge bailouts with numbers nobody understands barely make the news, gigantic fraud is everywhere, 99% of politicians only care about getting elected and re-elected, endless wars are going on all over the place killing and maiming so many people that nobody pays attention anymore, "free" countries are torturing and detaining people indefinitely without evidence/charges/hearings/habeus corpus/lawyers/communications/acknowledgement, first world/freedom rights that were fought hard for at great cost are evaporating/have evaporated overnight and nobody cares, and nobody remembers the lessons learned from history while watching all it repeat itself because they don't care.

When a few jobs disappear, they won't know and won't care, and even if they did, they won't and can't do anything about it anyway. No country's government or people is the least bit concerned about a few airline pilots being relocated by some semi-obscure foreign company. Just like all other foreign airlines, the crew manning will take place from that company's foreign hub and more hotel rooms, meals and beers will be sold to them.

Last edited by Iron Skillet; 17th Jun 2012 at 19:18.