PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Queen's Diamond Jubilee Celebrations
View Single Post
Old 17th Jun 2012, 18:30
foldingwings

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
REF My # 149 (Page 8)

Thought you might like to know that I have, today, sent a reminder to the BBC inquiring where their response to my complaint of 20 May 2012 might be. They are well outside their 10 day target and even well beyond the estimate in their holding response!

This will amuse (found on their complaints webpage):

BBC Diamond Jubilee coverage

BBC logo

Complaint

We received complaints from some viewers about aspects of the BBC's Diamond Jubilee coverage.

BBC Response

We provided extensive coverage of the Diamond Jubilee through a wide range of television and radio programmes covering the many aspects of the celebrations, with a variety of tones and styles across the weekend for different audiences. Across the Jubilee period almost 70% of the nation tuned in to some of this programming.

We acknowledge that not every aspect of our coverage was to everyone's taste, but across all the hours of broadcasting we have received appreciations as well as complaints. It is worth noting that this was a live broadcasting event of unprecedented scale and complexity amidst weather conditions which turned out to be challenging for all involved.

We review all major events we broadcast and this weekend's coverage will be no exception. All the comments we have received will be part of the feedback we use when we come to look at how this weekend's programming could have been improved.
Well, no wonder I've had to wait after that meaningful and well thought through response!

some viewers
Yep, some viewers - 2400 at the last count and still rising!!!!

Laarf!

Foldie