PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Still looking for admin position...
View Single Post
Old 27th Dec 2002, 04:58
ipanema

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi...

I tried TC, just updated my on-line resume with them, but don't really expect to hear anything. Many Canadian airlines large and small hire pilots based on an Old Boy network, and I don't expect TC to be any different. Also, I understand that most government departments take on new hires from relatives and friends of people already there, which leaves me on the street.

Yes, I am a team player, with lots of experience, energy and skills to offer, it's just that I don't think TC is going to happen for me.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not bitter about it, just passing on what I have heard. As an immigrant myself, I have to tell you that if you ever thought of Canada as a First World country, actually living here corrects that impression very quickly.

Here in Toronto, anyway, they are not the friendly socially conscious people everyone thinks they are, but I will concede that this could be due to the big city mentality. I would add that I see the same attitudes prevalent in Ottawa, which even though it is the nation's capital it is not "big city" at all but quite backwards.

I do know of canadianaviation.com, as well as several other aviation job sites. In fact I created one myself at bloorstreetwest.com where you can post your resume for free as well as browse vacancies without cost.

I do appreciate your input... and I would welcome any other suggestions.

Thanks in advance.