PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Austrian CAA: FAA licenses remain valid for N-reg in Europe
Old 17th Jun 2012, 09:04
goldeneaglepilot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Peter -

This is an issue which directly affects both of us, you perhaps more than me, we both operate N reg aircraft that are UK based. On a selfish note I am perhaps in a better position than you with respect to the issue of N Reg ownership and UK operation. At least I could directly register ownership with the FAA should I choose rather than a US based trust - could you?

I am not trying to scare anyone, its simply taking a look with open eyes at the whole picture rather than getting focused on small parts of the detail and missing the overall message that is being sent out by the FAA and various other authorities. Its better than us sticking our fingers in our ears and heads in the sand and then getting upset when change is forced upon us.

We can all quote small parts of the detail and get the result to match our own ideas but is that realistic? I would hope that you received notice of the public meeting - I did.