PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Barry Hempel Inquest
View Single Post
Old 17th Jun 2012, 06:47
Creampuff

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Leaddie,

Your posts are often so meandering and ambiguous, it’s very difficult to understand what you’re trying to say.

It’s true that any or all operations can be excluded from the requirement to be authorised by an AOC. Regulation 206 could be repealed, with the consequence that no purposes would be prescribed for section 27 of the CA Act, with the further consequence that no operation would be required to be authorised by an AOC. Or Reg 206 could be amended to, for example, prescribe only fare paying passenger carrying operations in Class A aircraft, in which case all other operations would not be required to be authorised by an AOC.

But neither of things has happened and, given the 'pace' of classification of operations reform, nothing substantial is likely to happen soon. (I wouldn't presume to insult snails and glaciers by using them as a metaphor.)

CASA cannot grant an exemption from the requirement for prescribed operations to be authorised by an AOC.

But you appear (on one interpretation of your blurb) to be suggesting otherwise. If that’s correct, I’d appreciate you walking me through the application, or exemption, of the AOC requirement to this scenario:

Bob’s wife Jill buys Bob a parachute jump gift card for Bob’s birthday. The cost is $500. Bob fronts at the airfield where the seller of the gift card is sitting in an aircraft with VH painted on the tail. There is no warning placard in or on the aircraft to suggest or signify anything other than that the aircraft has a ‘standard’ certificate of airworthiness.

Walk me through the rules that determine the classification of that operation. And please: forget all the Competition this and Supreme Court that cr*p. Just quote the rules.

Last edited by Creampuff; 17th Jun 2012 at 06:50.