PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - JAA to FAA conversion
View Single Post
Old 16th Jun 2012, 22:00
jayc004

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
JAA to FAA

OK,

lets get back to the thread. If you have a APTL unfrozen with more then 1500 TT and want to convert to FAA, what is the process.
As far as I can tell, you have to;
-Submit your forms to the FAA for a foreign licence validation
-Submit a load of forms to CAA and pay them (of course!)
(This step is only required if you have an UK CAA ATPL - JAA other states not required as the validation is done by the FAA in house).
-Post a photocopy of you licence and medical along with the application form to the FAA office stated on the form in the USA
-Wait until you have notification of the completed application processing
(can be sent by post of fax by all accounts)
-Go to the nominated FSDO office in your nominated States in America to collect the licence (and I guess give them money and show hard copies of details???)
-Sit the FAA ATP written exam in either the USA, or come back to the Europe and sit them in an approved FAA exam centre.
-If you have a type rating on you JAA ATPL, you can then do another sim ride with an FAA examiner on the same type, which will then validate your FAA ATP to be a full type rated licence.

This is as far as I can understand the full process of getting a A320 rated JAA ATPL into a full unrestricted commercial FAA ATP A320 licence.

Please correct me if I am incorrect as getting correct information from the correct department in the FAA is like trying to talk Chinese to an Italian!!