PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AF 447 Thread No. 8
View Single Post
Old 16th Jun 2012, 21:22
AlphaZuluRomeo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by VGCM66
Vol AF 447 Crash: 01/06/09: Les Raisons D'un Crash (Reconstitution) - YouTube

I am guessing no subtitles yet on this French reconstruction anywhere...

?
Hi VGCM66,

No subtitled version exists that I'm aware of.
But as there were questions about Mr Rosay's interview, I translated two parts where he can be seen:

On the loss of speed indications and the procedure to follow:
Originally Posted by Mr Rosay @ 21:45
French transcript:
Le genre de situation qui a été rencontré est une situation qui n'a rien de... d'exceptionnelle.
D'ailleurs la... quand vous perdez les indications de vitesse, en croisière hein, je crois que c'est la procédure la plus simple à appliquer : il faut faire rien. Et il va continuer à voler comme ça pendant encore très longtemps.
English translation [& notes] by AZR:
The kind of situation that was encountered [loss of speed indication] is a situation that has nothing ... exceptional.
Besides ... when one loses the speed indications, in cruise eh, I think this is the simplest procedure to apply: one must do nothing. And it [the plane] will continue to fly like this for much longer.
On the (non) reaction to the stall warning:
Originally Posted by Mr Rosay @ 29:15
French transcript:
Ce qui doit exister dans le cerveau reptilien de chaque pilote, le cerveau reptilien je veux dire ce qui est ancré au plus profond des réflexes de pilotage, c'est : j'entends un avertisseur de décrochage et je rends la main immédiatement. Vous voyez on a un manche pour piloter, lorsque l'avion approche du décrochage il ne faut surtout pas tirer sur le manche, il faut pousser sur le manche pour le faire sortir de la situation de décrochage.
La réponse à l'avertisseur de décrochage ça doit être quelque chose de fondamental que tous les pilotes doivent savoir tout le temps, dès le premier jour. On ne peut pas discuter là dessus. Et ce n'est même pas une question d'entrainement récurrent sur tel ou tel type d'avion, c'est vrai tout le temps, sur tout type d'avion.
English translation [& notes] by AZR:
What must exist in the reptilian brain of each pilot, by reptilian brain I mean what is rooted deep in the steering reflexes, is this: I hear a stall warning and I pitch down immediately. You see we use this stick to fly [showing it], when the aircraft approaches the stall it is important not to pull on the stick, but to push on the stick to get it [the aircraft] out of the stall.
The answer to the stall warning must be something fundamental that all pilots must know all the time, from day one. There can be no discussion about that. And it's not even a question of recurrent training on a specific aircraft type, that maneuver is true all the time, on any aircraft.
Hope it helps, and my english is not too bad...