PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Gaining An R.A.F Pilots Brevet In WW II
View Single Post
Old 16th Jun 2012, 19:06
Danny42C

Re: Post fom nedguy.

Chugalug,

Thank you for taking the lead and letting nedguy know the position. I would have been a bit uncertain about a PM. He was then still a Probationary PPRuNer - when I came aboard in January, the Moderator checked my first five Posts before letting them loose on Thread. Did Homer nod in this case?

As I recall, you sent me a very helpful PM of advice when I started - and then you had to tell me on a Post that you'd done so, as I didn't know they even existed, and then I had to reply on Post as I'd no idea how to reply on PM! (Later on, I ran up seven unanswered PMs before I noticed - how did we ever win a war?) EDIT: On checking back, I find it was Cliff (RIP) who was the first to run foul of my ineptitude - very sorry, Chug. Your turn to suffer from it came later. Only excuse, "Short Term Memory Loss" (afflicts younsters of my age).

Agreed, there must be thousands of good stories waiting to be told by the surviving erks and erkesses of those days. I'm glad that the Moderators let them in, for the brevet-wearers are thin on the ground now.

Say not the struggle naught availeth,

Danny.

Last edited by Danny42C; 16th Jun 2012 at 20:23.