PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Gaining An R.A.F Pilots Brevet In WW II
View Single Post
Old 16th Jun 2012, 18:21
Danny42C

Icare9

Thank you for your warm words of encouragement - they help to keep me going! It seems (at the moment at least) that there simply may be no more contributors to come forward to carry the torch on when I go. I hope I'm wrong, but, as you say the "fishing" is meeting with little success.

We have to realise that a): there can be only few of us left, b): few of those are on line and c): those that are are keeping their heads down, as I did myself for six months before timidly offering my two cents' worth. ("Never volunteer for anything" was the first thing all recruits learnt!)

I am 100% with you on the scandal of the handful of survivors having to apply for places at the Bomber Command Memorial opening ceremony.
They (and their close families) should be there as of right. There is worse; read the thread "Freddie Johnson, DFC" , and despair of this country.

As for football and footballers - you take the words right out of my mouth! But you are on dangerous ground; it is the new State Religion: its adherents (the real ones and the Great and the Good who pretend to be) would gladly burn you at the stake if they could (if H&S allowed).

Me? I'll just sharpen my quill and get on with the next Gripping Episode.

Danny.