PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Barry Hempel Inquest
View Single Post
Old 16th Jun 2012, 16:27
Kharon

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cream Puff Aviation Administration.

I'd vote for it. In post #116 – CP presents an argument which although not perfect, kicks seven bells out of the current arrangements. Looking at the pros; debate always accepted (but know your stuff), education freely offered, words like consistent, existing, equitable and by the 'law' (as writ) are used and meant. On the minus side; well, there is the odd issue of AC/DC electrics (Jas 24 wins) and stray 'operational' matters which may need some detailed explanation; but, on the whole, of great advantage. You will always know exactly what you are dealing with. In old money – cash and no pony pooh. Now that, I can live with. (CPAA buttons here).

But this Hempell matter has got me scratching the old wooden head; something, somehow, somewhere does not add up. Tonight, aided by the products of a certain Franciscan Abbey, research was conducted (RDO or 3 – not in Oz). Now, whilst it took a little time to come to terms with the 'language'; essentially it turns out that Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI) and Post Traumatic Epilepsy (PTE) are not only extremely well documented, researched and discussed both in lay and academic terms but, have been well known since WW 2. The "Wiki" links will get you started, they do provide some fascinating reading for folk infected by those who insist on being hit in the head by pavements, trucks, boots, bullets and the odd (errant ?) hangar door. But, I digress (blame the Nuns).

A conspiracy theorist could conjure a movie script from this tale – but as a pragmatist; well. However, when you examine the latitude afforded in this case against the many 'medically' cancelled licences (halitosis) and the many documented cases of pilots being administratively crucified for much lessor alleged 'crimes' (steep turns), you feel obliged to ask why was it so ?; given the nature of both the aeronautical and criminal allegations made.

It would, I believe, be reasonable to ask if this was a protected species case; and, if so, why and by whom ??; at least to eliminate it from our enquiries (so to speak).

Nope, it just don't add up at all. But then again. – (This space intentionally blank for sensible answers).

TBI
PTE

Last edited by Kharon; 16th Jun 2012 at 16:33.