PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - US/Europe vs. Australia/NZ - Pilot family life? - Best training? - Build early hours?
Old 16th Jun 2012, 16:27
storm glider

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have US citizenship and no other citizenship. And from the sounds of it, it'll probably be easier and cheaper for me to just stay in the US for my training and early years. I don't have a problem with that, that's what I was initially planning on doing but just wanted to see if going abroad might have been better...

First step for me is get my PPL - I'm starting a PPL course in Jan'13 at a junior college in my area that has a pretty good flight instructor and should have my PPL by summer'13. After that, I'll work on my instrument rating and CPL and CFI and anything else possible to keep me progressing. Flying for the airlines is something good to look forward to but it seems a bit premature for me right now. Who knows, maybe I'll end up getting some corporate gig and loving it. Either way, that's in the far future. Right now, I just gotta learn to crawl first, and I'm sure I'll learn a LOT more along the way.

I really appreciate everyone's input! And if you have any more info, please keep it coming!