PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CAE NFTI(GONDIA)..REALITY CHECK!
View Single Post
Old 16th Jun 2012, 15:03
crossbase

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Selective Reading

Originally Posted by caenftiindigocadet
...They did indeed confess, that they were aware of the administrative issues at NFTI, and rightfully, administrative issues, high fuel costs, expensive pilot training courses and various other issues have become a global phenomenon faced by most, if not all, flight training schools. However, they were very confident that NFTI would sail through comfortably, and that their contract with NFTI laid down very strict norms/standards to which Indigo cadets are to be trained and the duration within which they have to complete their training.

In short, after speaking to the Airlines, my confidence in this program is reassured. If you must do your CPL & TR, this would be the ideal way to go about it. Atleast you have a pilot's seat waiting for you after you finish your TR. Moreover, it's with an airline where you wouldnt need to look for another job till at least 2025. Yes, till 2025, Indigo Airlines is here to stay. So go ahead, if you must do your CPL, sit for the written exam, do the CASS well, clear the interview - and be on your way...
What you've said here is correct, and that is unchallenged. I've said it earlier, and will say it again - I don't doubt IndiGo's intentions for the cadets. That said, there might (and currently do) exist delays in the final commencement of work as a Junior FO based simply on demand and supply.

Although they haven't mentioned it, I have a feeling that the reason IndiGo moved their cadet program from the US to India might have something to do with the DGCA and its idiosyncratic policies for license conversion. That may or may not be correct, but what is absolutely certain is that there is no chance in heaven or hell that the training standards at CAE Gondia can meet those at CAE Arizona (formerly Sabena Flight Academy), or other good training institutes. There is simply not enough that is allowed to be done in India, or is possible due to our ancient airspace/training management, charts for training, and the general lackadaisical attitude towards flight training. The concept of service being completely non-existent also adds to the problems.

This, though, could be temporary and the issues could be minimized, if not completely removed, to a large extent if and when the people in-charge are interested in bringing about that change. Even with the entire fleet of aircraft flying at NFTI, the quality of training will never match overseas training. That is a fact, and will not change irrespective of the management, IndiGo's intentions, or the amount of money that wealthy families are willing to throw at their wards' training.