PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Austrian CAA: FAA licenses remain valid for N-reg in Europe
Old 16th Jun 2012, 14:24
Thomascl605

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Here we go again !

If you are flying N reg in Europe everyone knows that you are perfectly legal to fly with an FAA licence. Until EARSA rewrite the FAR's to include that you need a European licence too (which won't happen) , then just keep on flying as you have been for many many years. The whole rubbish about Operator residence, colour of Pilot's underwear etc is completely and utterly farcical, and shows the people who have written such drivel up for what they really are. Show me a safety case involving an N reg aircraft which hinges on Operator or Pilot residence ? There are a huge number of Airlines flying into and out of Europe every day, safely and if not safer that their European counterparts. Are we really expected to believe that just because a European Operator chooses to fly under the N reg that this is a safety issue just because of the residence of the Operator ? Of course not, this is total and utter rubbish and is discrimination by the lowest of the low.

This smacks of the same type of idiot rule about the 7 year IR validity of flying outside of Europe. Quite clearly many hundreds of very experienced senior Pilots are unhappy about that one too. So much so it's led to a petition being started on another Pprune forum against the CAA with hundreds of signatures so far.

I won't waste my time arguing the points with those of you that are

A. Trying to find a new vendetta after what probably is the longest soap opera posting on Pprune so far which has sadly yielded zero results. For that I feel sorry for you.

B. Give up, roll over and get shafted for thousands of euros just to fly the same aircraft with a European IR that has stupid validity periods which is currently discriminating against many thousands of senior Captains.

I'll just wait and see and if necessary there will be a discrimination case started in the future.