PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Austrian CAA: FAA licenses remain valid for N-reg in Europe
Old 16th Jun 2012, 11:31
mad_jock

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
"They" can be anyone to be honest.

In the UK it could be Dft, CAA (which i would be extremely suprised at), C&E, Special branch (who are well know for making things up with Aviation) or even a local bobbie who has had a compliant from a local G reg pilot ( which I suspect might happen a fair bit as a method of settling old scores).

And I would disagree with its operator is in the US and I am sure "they" will as well. There argument will be that if the plane hasn't touched US soil for x numbers of years its not operated from the US.

As per the Oxford defintion you want them to use number 2 as the meaning of operator and they will want to use number 1.

You wouldn't actually need to have local inspectors you would just do a computer pull on eurocontrol for the IR boys and girls. Then meet at destination next time it flew.

Lets face it in the south of the UK they appear to have taken a register of all the N regs for the olympics bollocks so already have the bulk of the details for most GA N regs in the UK.

Last edited by mad_jock; 16th Jun 2012 at 11:41.