PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Gaining An R.A.F Pilots Brevet In WW II
View Single Post
Old 16th Jun 2012, 09:03
Icare9

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
With all the fuss about the Bomber Command Memorial, are there any followers of this thread going? If so, perhaps they could help Danny's pleas for more memories to be shared.

That must be the last rich "fishing ground" for further contributors to keep this thread alive as a testament to those 55,000 plus men who didn't have an opportunity to tell THEIR stories.....

So, please, anyone going, take a note of the PPRuNe thread ISP and pass it around. Anyone getting a chance to snaffle a Guest List of the invitees might find some useful Names to contact... (since when was it expected that the people it commemorates who have to APPLY to be there?).

I can't imagine anyone who organised a "commemoration" of England National team footballers over the years and then omitted the World Cup squads, and how much mock outrage would be expressed about that.

Come to that, wouldn't it be a wonderful gesture if the current England Euro 2012 team to all give up their fees and donate to the Memorial Appeal? For once I could forgive these muppets their overpaid and overinflated egos?

Ah well, I can but dream ..........

Sorry, Danny, please carry on with the enthralling tales!

Last edited by Icare9; 16th Jun 2012 at 09:04.