PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Paris Base Closed
View Single Post
Old 16th Jun 2012, 06:30
Iron Skillet

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Very sorry for the PAR guys, I know this really messes up your lives.

Besides the persistent rumours, considering the new extra costs, the significant loss of control over based personnel, the first world employment laws/taxes/etc., and the relative roster "inflexibility" of based crew, I too am not surprised. I am sure there will be more bases and basing areas (whole onshored "entities") that will close relatively soon.

After the AMS fiasco a couple of years ago, in which seniority and the basings agreement were "re-interpreted" and/or altered and/or ignored and/or "read between the lines searching to determine some convenient intent" by both the company and the AOA, behind the scenes with the secret "new based positions being created but only for the AMS crew" deal going down before anyone knew what was happening....well, I think we can be certain this type of deal will be clearly and loudly opposed this time, and many will aggressively fight to disallow any similar deal. The AOA will surely not dare to try pulling this out-of-seniority scam again, unless they want a revolt and massive resignations - which of course is just what the company surely wants.

Perhaps the whistle-blower pilot who raised the BS flag last time to try to prevent the "company-style" manipulation/re-interpretation/ignoring of base closure rules and/or key words will put a motion forward immediately to ensure no "insider" can do this again?

I'm sorry for those who don't want this base closed, but the deal is there in writing, and for years you knew it was likely to happen: The company can close the base if they want. The 2 1/2 months' notice is pretty lousy. But, you know they did that on purpose too....

Last edited by Iron Skillet; 16th Jun 2012 at 07:55.