PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Become a LAME after ADF Service
View Single Post
Old 15th Jun 2012, 17:37
djtrv

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thank you for your replies, i'm very appreciative.

Blackbook, I have contacted them (AA) and all they can give me is an RPL assessment for my current qualifications, which i need from CASA anyway. I still want to know if a B2 licence requires a Diploma in Aeroskills, not just a cert iv, if you could answer me that.

Salusa, I have been on that part of the CASA website and it is only for guys in the ADF which hold the rank of CPL or above (which i am not). I have been informed that i still need to send CASA my qualifications to be recognised as an AME anyway. (thanks ADF for having it's own ridiculous regulations)

RMM, I can see what your on about. I have been watching the news with a close eye and your right in what your saying. the aviation industry looks bleak and to be in some tough times and redundancies and cut-backs is a BIG issue. However in my view, putting in some hard yards to get to a B2 licence and going down the airline direction, albeit with a level of uncertainty, is still far better then wasting any more time in the ADF as a aircraft maintainer, which is an absolute joke at the best of times.

Cheers