PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Apple stuff - Mac, iPad, iphone
View Single Post
Old 15th Jun 2012, 10:34
Ancient Observer

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
I do not want to get in to an argument between 2 of our best helpers on here. Both Milo and Mixture do us great service.

However, whilst Apple might produce reliable products, the ones that hit the Ancient household are not reliable. On my left, a 3 year old ipod touch. Dead. Went to the Apple shop in Brent Cross (a long way away, but nearest to me) and they had no interest in helping. Didn't want to either see it or touch it. "So what do I do?" I asked. "Buy a new one" said the moron pretending to be a shop assistant.
That was after spending far too much time on apple and other websites trying to fix the bloody thing.
You won't want to hear the story of the other daughter's ipod. It is also dead. Also unwanted by Apple store.

So, not universally good.

On the bigger picture, I am allowed an opinion. I have two main complaints. I resent the fact that the prices are too high, for what is a well designed but cheaply made product off the same production line in Foxconn, China as all the other electronic vendors.
Given the extremely high prices, Apple make it worse by refusing to pay UK taxes. (None of the new terchie big cos pay UK taxes. Not Apple, not Google, not Vodafone, not Facerot). I resnt paying my taxes, while they do not.
I also resent the basic stuff - I can't even change the battery.

This is not Apple bashing, mixture, it is just me having a point of view. As you are a pro I expect you to have a point of view, too.