PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - [US] Monthly/quarterly renter's insurance
Old 15th Jun 2012, 09:34
david viewing

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The poilcy on Aliens has definitely changed this year (at last). Avemco have modified their site so that you drop out of the online application when you answer a question about being a US resident (or citizen? - can't remember which). You go to an offline submission where you get a personal quote. This was quick and efficient.

Some years ago I did get a quote out of AOPA (the broker) after raising cane with various people in AOPA (the pilot's association) but it was quite loaded. They told me at that time they they did not normally cover foreigners. I cut a better deal with my trusted FBO.

This years cover from Avemco did not seem to be loaded over what a US person would pay. However, they still require an accomodation US address as well as your genuine foreign one and insisted on putting the accomodation address on the cover note that they emailed. I presume that they are making it clear to the underwriters that they are insuring a foreigner.

(edited to add that this reluctance to cover foreigners might be nothing more than an insurer's requirement to have a zip code - many Americans find it hard to believe that some people in the world don't have them!!)

Last edited by david viewing; 15th Jun 2012 at 09:38.