PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Apple stuff - Mac, iPad, iphone
View Single Post
Old 15th Jun 2012, 09:25
mixture

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
you have a reputation around here of being an Apple proselyte and failing to look at their projects objectively. In short, you have been taken in by the pretty pictures in the adverts, by the gloss of the marketing team, and the hype of the Jobsian persona. You have no ability of independant thought when it comes to Apple products.
Absolute b*llocks my friend, absolute total bu** sh*t.

I have been working in the IT industry for quite a while now. I know a rubbish product when I see one and I know a good product when I see one. I am very much fiercely independent, and yes there are Apple products I don't use because they don't fit the bill for me in terms of features (largely some of their software offerings such as their video or photo manipulation software).

I have had more problems with and seen more poorly built Fujitsu, Lenovo, HP, Dell, Toshiba etc. products over the years than I care to mention. Haven't had the same issue with Apple, same goes for people I know.

Infact, I know someone who works in a very senior position at IBM who has got so fed up with endless problems with the Thinkpads they've given them over the years, and having to get them constantly repaired (primarily hardware faults), that they have just gone to the Apple Store to buy a MacBook instead and are exceedingly happy now. They now exclusively use the MacBook exclusively for work and personal use.

Ask any manufacturer who has tried to get me to sell me their product in favour of another, ask any manufacturer who's got my honest feedback after inviting me to look at their forthcoming products under NDA, ask any customer who's had the benefit of receiving my independent advice. I insist on testing their equipment myself for at least a week, and not have some snotty sales rep come give me a stage-managed demo. Nor do I spend much time reading marketing materials.

As aviate1138, avturboy and myself have pointed out. Apple products have an excellent quality and reliability record. I have been using Apple products for a long time both personally and in business, never had one fail, and believe me, I push them harder than most people will ! I've even (accidentally) dropped a MacBook onto a concrete floor, had a heavy painting fall onto it in a random event.... all still working perfectly. Infact, I'm writing this post on a 2008 vintage Mac Pro..... never had one single problem with it, also goes for a 2009 vintage MacBook Pro that I still use for various things.

Therefore moaning about repair possibilities in a new product is somewhat a moot point and you are making mountains out of molehills.

That is all. I can't be bothered to argue anymore.

P.S. No, I have not read Job's autobiography thingy, and have no plans to do so either !

Last edited by mixture; 15th Jun 2012 at 09:51.