PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Low battery charge
View Single Post
Old 15th Jun 2012, 09:10
david viewing

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Slight thread drift, but there's more to this with some cars. S-Type Jag started giving strange electrical problems. Started just fine, but a full house of warning lights, dropping into limp home, etc. "Strange electrical problems = change the battery" it said on the internet.

Hmmm, suspicious as ever, but I swapped the battery for a new branded Varta one on a Defender. The 8 yr old original fit Jag battery started the Defender perfectly. But the new Defender battery on the Jag = christmas tree lights on dash.

Oh I thought it's another harness problem. Off to the dealer. "It's the battery" they said, look at the printout, it drops below some threshold on starting. So I had two dud batteries, both of which could start a diesel Defender perfectly. In desperation I told the dealer to fit a new branded Jag battery, but it had better fix the problem. It did.

The old batteries are still providing good service, one on a Defender and the other a Fordson Major.

Oh and the plane? Ran perfectly yesterday. Battery must have recovered (I've convinced myself).

Last edited by david viewing; 15th Jun 2012 at 09:13.