PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CTC McAlpine/easyJet/JMC Sponsorship Selection
Old 26th Dec 2002, 14:18
P T Flea

Hi there,

Yeah you're right, if you have little flying experience then there is no reason to know what an NDB is. This may sound a little sad but I first learnt about VOR, NDB and ILS systems way before I started flying training from Flight Simulator. It may be a little geeky but it is an invaluable tool to learn about radio navigation and instrument flying. If computers are not your thing then I would recommend volume 5 of Thom "Radio Navigation and Instrument Flying". Anyway best shut up now cos' this thread isn't really about this topic is it.

I would be interested to know if anyone has heard of any start dates on the CTC course. Also, does anyone know the kind of timescale from initial application to a course start date if you were successful? I understand that they needed people to start in Feb/March and those cadets had to be sorted out by the end of December. Does that mean that the timescale for all recruiting is about 2 months? For example, if you had a selection day in Jan can you expect to start in March if you were successful?

Cheers

PT