PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Remote Area Survival
View Single Post
Old 26th Dec 2002, 13:44
Sheep Guts
Props are for boats!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ok like your kit looks good, but dont forget your emergency water, I used to have 6- 2 litre plastic milk or juice bottles full. Requirement by Casa and makes good sense too for a C206 or C210 OR WHAT EVER! And really your company should have this in the Aircraft Allready, and should be checked along with the First Aid Kit every so often. The problem with most kits they get lost, during maintenance and dont get serviced. Im not a MAF pilot, but the system they use in their a/c is pretty solid, all their C206S have a briefcase strapped in the back with Survival and First Aid

Regarding the Epirb the GME Electrophone model is good, a fella crashed his c177 in the gulf ( Massacre Inlet) years back and got picked up by a SAR Chopper out of Tindal.

What sort of flying do you do? If it Charter in the Centre or Top End youll generally be at high ALTs, because A you may have no aircond, and B its less bumpy up there.Now cruising at that alt should give you time to talk to CENTRE or FS whatever and give your position etc, you mate in the Helo probably didnt have that luxury. Which reason C for being there....

I think that was in USD the watch CS and more than likely Duty Free somewhere, like Dubai Or Cayman.

I used to fly long over water flights here. We used to carry a life raft, but it didnt have an elt in it. So if per chance you went down the A/C elt sunk with the machine go figure......

Anyway thats my 2 bobs worth

Happy New Year when comes evryone

Regards
Sheep