PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Barry Hempel Inquest
View Single Post
Old 15th Jun 2012, 01:06
Macroderma

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CPL, what CPL ????

VH-XXX

No, not the media, but I have a few mates who do, and they are watching this thread with great interest. I am just trying to get my head around the facts, and understand why Hempel was allowed to advertise flights, for many years, via his company, when he did not have a CPL. What do CASA actually do? Anything at all?

on a not-unrelated matter, it would appear that a CASA witness at the Hempel/Lovell inquiry (who apparently is also a pilot) had some sort of seizure or fit whilst in the witness box and was carted off to hospital. I wonder if CASA has done anything about his medical??

(note sarcasm switched "on")

or is it one rule for CASA and its mates, and another for the great unwashed mass of pilots out there ?

(note sarcasm switched "off")

please understand that I am not casting any aspersions on the "Warbirds" owners and operators, just trying to get some sense of how CASA did what they did, or didn't, in terms of protecting the rights, and safety, of the uninformed public, epescially Ian Lovell.!

speaking of which, and possibly off-thread (Dear Mod: mea culpa mea culpa), have you had a look at the Rob Weaver Ferry thread elsewhere on the PPRune (sorry I do not yet know how to set up a link), it is fascinating reading (over 170 pages as of last night), and there appear to be some similarities of behaviour, even though Wobert is much much younger than Hempel was at the time of the crash. At least one Australian (he reveals his name himself in the thread) has reported being ripped off by Ruprecht for non-existent ferry services.