PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Becoming a professional pilot, and finding a job
Old 26th Dec 2002, 11:13
B Sousa
Gatvol

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
"So, would a degree from Riddle (aviation based) get me a real job if I don't fly? Honestly..."

A lot of the youngsters with stars in their eyes want to fly...I was one of them. I also have been very fortunate in that should for some reason I could not fly, I had other income. The point of getting a degree in ANYTHING is that for some reason you lose a medical or whatever, you can put together a resume with a College Degree. This is a cold world out here and the only person who cares what happens to you and your future is you.
A degree just puts you a little farther up the employment ladder for a job should you need one.
Flying is a great career, but if you look at the amount of folks flying versus those who are financially comfortable, you will find many are just going to have to work till they die. Dont get caught in that rut.. I agree with the above post, that you can do what you want to, but remember you do want some quality on the other end. To get that quality your going to have to guess ahead as to what the future will bring. It may not be as a Pilot, but maybe something in management. Its still aviation. My advice above was only that, advice. Good Luck and once you get that degree, keep working towards a higher one.