PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BELFAST CITY AIRPORT (BHD)
View Single Post
Old 14th Jun 2012, 19:34
EI-BUD

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

....And that is the reason why 2 airports provide competition!
panpanpanpan, fair enough clearly you are close enough to know what the senior director was paid. However, we have had this debate date and your contribution has been valuable, though I argue yes competitive for the travelling public but the individual airports in attempts to woo the airlines from one to the other, are whittling down the ability to be profitable to the extent that any funds remain to pay for costly infrastructure that will be needed in the future.

Clareview;

Here we go again with useless drivel about 2 airports. Does anyone complain
about there being 2 burger bars in a particular town?
I wouldnt agree that this is useless drivel all sides in the discussion have inputted and today and yesterday the very question about 2 airports for Belfast was raised in NI and was widely featured on the radio. I would go as far as saying that the pprune community had it first and had debated the issues.

The burger van is highly unusual comparsion. You can move the burger van to the next town if it doesnt do well/ to where the opportunities are, burger van not important piece of countries infrastructure, and amounts of investment not in any way comparable.

EI-BUD