PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cockpit Video Recorders to become mandatory
Old 14th Jun 2012, 13:46
SPACEBALL

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I agree with your analysis posted on 65 and I fill to add more.
Would a crew fill completely free to act for safety when you konw big brother is watching you and will be judging you? Or would you move in different way, say different things, and and act in a different way just because you know any of your single move, word or act will be judged. In a few words you will think more like an actor trying to show up you did a good job on an emergency rather then take your collegues your passengers out of trouble. Same passengers and collegues that will take you to the court in the best case. Brain under these circustancies could be overloaded and getting useless specially captain brain which is already under pressure for responsability and loss of live, we don't really need more pressure. The risk is to work against safety being too busy to think usless things.
Prevention of accident, CRM and flight simulator is the best way to maintain a good level of safety. I have never been asked what would you like to do on this Simulator section? Where do you think you are weak in your knoledge or your pilot skill? We do not need cameras on board we need only VST and GCS.