PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Homophobia towards Cabin Crew
View Single Post
Old 14th Jun 2012, 11:03
Juud

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CaptAirProx, what an excellent post.
The beauty of pprune; making you look at things in a way you had not done previously.

Mild flirtation between people is part of the human make-up. Much enjoyed by many, and unlikely to give offense, as per create_it83īs post.
However, to my mind, campness and flamboyancy do not belong in the workplace. Neither does a continuous stream of hetero sexualised jokes.
Both behaviors, however natural they may come to a person, are outside the professional context of what we are on board for.
As CC we are there to ensure cabin safety and to serve our multi cultural pax in a pleasant and unobtrusive manner.
In-your-face sexuality does not fit within that remit, not for heteros and not for homos. Pointing that out to both straight and gay colleagues on a rare occasion does not make me borderline homophobic easyflyer83.

It rather makes me a person who believes that part of my professional responsibility lies in correcting unsuitable behaviour in the work place. However uncomfortable that may be for me as a person.