PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MERGED: Alligator Airways Grounded
View Single Post
Old 14th Jun 2012, 10:09
GedStreet

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi again everyone, just so you know, I was a CP of 3 companies prior to the Gator for a combined period of at least 11 years (I was in all cases prior, CFI and ATO too) so I knew what I was looking for...

I was CP of Gator for just on 10 months - never asked for the job, a 'particular' CASA FOI fingered me to do it even though we had a qualified applicants CP application in at CASA and that candidate was on-site too.

Pilots said, its so good since Ged took over at the Gator, I don't need to take no-doze any more. (!)

I came out of an airline, knew where CASA will have every GA charter company go, and set the Gator on that road. It is my feeling that CASA had to execute their end game when they did because I was making too many compliance improvements for their liking and I was weakening their 'case'.

They cited incidents and accusations dating back almost 4 years and encompassing at least 3 previous Chief Pilots and strongly accusational towards 'Engineering' under a number of Chief Engineers and LAME's. Difficult to fix all this in 10 months. And there was until very near the end a pervasive culture amongst old 'Gator pilots to cling onto the old ways, because you'll get more hours. Hours was what it was all about in the past...

Bear in mind, CASA has not directly brought the demise of the Gator - Westpac did.

Denys, I too would employ you again. You are mature, efficient, funny and fun. We all have lapses. Thank goodness you or I haven't killed anyone during any of ours. Good luck and, do keep in touch mate. And, to all - safety is YOUR responsibility; never turn your back on it!

In the mean time, any pruners got a job for me?

Last edited by GedStreet; 15th Jun 2012 at 00:41.