PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cathay Pacific Cadet Pilot Programme
View Single Post
Old 14th Jun 2012, 03:18
FlyingNewB

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cadet Pilot Program Advice

Hi all,

Definitely a newbie to the aviation industry and wanted some advice on applying for the Cathay's Cadet Pilot Program in HK.

A little background about myself: finished university overseas and graduated with honors in business, worked with a Fortune 500 company in Canada (didn't enjoy it) and came back to Hong Kong.

I was always interested in the aviation industry at a young age, but during that time, the best decision was to take a business degree. Nevertheless, after reviewing the criteria to join as a cadet with Cathay without flying experience, I'm definitely sparked to apply and wanted to seek guidance from fellow forum members on how to best position myself?

I have no flying experience nor a whole deal of knowledge, but I do have determination, motivation and the intellectual capacity to read up and get myself acquainted.

So, would it be possible to list some action items that I should read up on or do before I apply for the program? Any tips on how to best position myself? I'm definitely in the dark and would appreciate any guidance towards the right direction.