PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Questions about the Continental IO-520/550
Old 13th Jun 2012, 22:49
Jabawocky

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Bob

You will note I said seemingly silly question, I realised you were being serious, and your exact question about folk with carbies is a good one.

For carby folk, the engines are pretty much the same, the fuel is the same, so 98% of the APS seminars still apply, they teach so much more than just how to run LOP. Although most folk think that is all they teach. You get a holistic education that applies equally to ROP operations, just how to do them right as well.

As for local training in Australia, might be a while off yet, I have been talking to a couple of key people about this, and my preference is to do this with the APS guys somehow, but I need to do this face to face in a few weeks time. I have discussed this in writing in the past, but face to face is better. If nothing works there a couple of us here have the job in front of us to develop a home grown version, it would be a little while before that could happen.

Andrew Denyer and myself have some seminar material which is just an insight into the value of EMS and how to gain more from them, this is oly a couple of hours but I can assure you the Q&A after my last two went for 1.5 hours so there is great demand for even that little bit of discussion.

The next time I do one will be with Andrew Denyer at AUSFLY in September and he does have a classic customer data file to share a genuine event that happened in Adelaide, you could swear it was straight from the APS training materials, so if you can book yourself in for the Ausfly weekend.

If you want to talk more PM me with your number.

Folks this might be a year away, or may never happen, if we do it, and my legal friend who is watching his thread to, suggests there are a number of things we need to look at, or more the point he does, so easily this will cost us lotsa money, so be patient, and be prepared to fork out a fair chunk of cash. We will not be doing this to retire on by any means, you know how to make a fortune in aviation. So it will be a cost recovery exercise for the better health of GA, not our wallets.

I see there is a thread for Ausfly, no firm timetable there yet but we will present the engine seminars both Friday and Saturday so when their website is updated you will know more.

And thanks for the encouragement, it's great to see you all wanting my to put my money where my mouth is