PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Becoming a professional pilot, and finding a job
Old 26th Dec 2002, 00:58
Capt. Spud

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ok, Bert, I'll get that degree, promise!

But if I stop flying fixed wing a/c through Riddle, I might need to change my major entirely. You see, you need to finish flying with them (up to Com/ME/IFR) and all the college credits (classes) to get the Aeronautical Science degree.

Therefore, if I fly helicopters at an FBO, I need to change my degree. Now, it's a small university with limited degrees offered. Almost all are Aviation based.

My question is, would a degree in Aerospace Studies (pretty similar to AeroNAUTICAL Science) be good. Or should I major in something else. Perhaps one we have, called: Science, Technology and Globalisation?

I realise you guys aren't my guidance counselors, and you are providing advice out of the kindness of your hearts but I don't trust professors' advice at my university. Universities in the states are money-making ventures and will tell you exactly what you want to hear. You guys are out working (hopefully) and living in the real world.

So, would a degree from Riddle (aviation based) get me a real job if I don't fly? Honestly...