PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - UK NPAS discussion: thread Mk 2
View Single Post
Old 13th Jun 2012, 19:14
Wagging Finger

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Have I missed something?
I see no point in going over old ground once again, but tigerfish was right ( and it cost him his job ) - NPAS has been a disaster from day 1.

What could have been a great tool for increasing cover and efficiency, was instead used solely as a weapon to slash costs and in the process ruin what had been built into a world beating service.

Administered and driven by a group of senior officers and politicians who knew nothing about Police Air Support other than cost, it was always bound to fail.

So now it would seem that we have bare rump of a service that will cost forces just as much as it did before, but actually deliver far far less! It beggars belief! In other countries those responsible would be disgraced or imprisoned, but here I expect they will get the QPM or promotion
I was under the impression that the first region hasn't even come online, the thing hasn't even been born yet and the it is being pronounced dead in the water and a failure, thats a little bit cynical and presumptive. IMHO.

Stands back and waits for explosion................