PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - New Aerial Survey Pilot Cadet Scheme
View Single Post
Old 13th Jun 2012, 15:29
Backontrack

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Beware

Hi to all

I've read all your posts in relation to this discussion, and to some extent, some of you are correct in your assumptions about the 'need' for this company to bond young and inexperienced pilots.

I am talking from first hand experience here, and it is not sour grapes for me as I am very well established in aviation now. I implore anyone considering this as an option to further their flying career to think very very hard. The company in question need to 'bond' as they cannot retain experienced pilots, as they are able to display strength of character and take a stand to say no to flying in inappropriate conditions. I cannot stand by and watch keen wannabes see this as an answer to their lack of opportunity in aviation today. Please steer clear of this 'offer' there are other options, ones which will not bind you to a company that is not interested in your personal development at all; they are purely interested in getting their pound of flesh.

It angers me that they now position themselves as assisting young pilots get a foothold in the industry. Trust me, this is not their motive. Stay, stay away. If only this company would have listened to past employees, they may not have found themselves floundering for people to stay with them. It's simple, 'Treat people as you expect to be treated', that way respect is developed in both directions, loyalty is established and trust earned, it's not hard, however, some people are just greedy bullies and cannot learn this simple lesson.

Good luck to all those fighting to get a break in this business, it is eventually worth it, but not via opportunities like this.